New treatment options like amniotic membrane stem cell treatments may be used to successfully treat patients with conditions of the connective tissue, such as Achilles tendonitis and Plantar Fasciitis.
Stem cell treatment takes advantage of the body’s ability to repair itself. With amniotic stem cell therapy, we introduce stem cells from amniotic tissues into your body. These stem cells have anti-inflammatory properties, similar to cortisone and steroids. However, stem cell therapy goes far beyond the benefits of the standard pain-relieving treatments. While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, stem cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in amniotic stem cells may replace damaged cells in your body.
- Amniotic stem cell therapy is very safe and effective:
- Amniotic stem cells contain no steroids. Instead, the treatments rely on naturally occurring antiinflammatory agents, such as cytokines.
- Amniotic stem cells contain growth factors, which stimulate tissue growth.
- Amniotic fluid is a highly concentrated source of stem cells, which makes this type of stem cell treatment preferable over embryonic stem cells and the patient’s own stem cells (from bone marrow).
Are stem cell treatments safe?
- Amniotic stem cell therapy is a preferred type of stem cell therapy because the cells come from an immunoprivileged site, which means that patientrejection is extremely rare.
- The use of amniotic stem cells is wellresearched, safe, and effective. Amniotic stem cells have been used by ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons for about 20 years.
- All amniotic stem cell donors go through a rigorous screening process, as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).